Thursday, November 03, 2011

An experiment -any views on views?

Blimey, what’s all this?
I thought I’d try out Blogger’s new Dynamic Views.  There are a number to choose from and some are more startling than others. if you click on where it says Magazine on the black bar at the top, you can see the blog in all sorts of strange new formats.

Some of them do have the advantage of encouraging you to look back at older posts and perhaps browse the blog rather than just reading the latest post.   I rather fancy the Flipcard view, but perhaps it might be too confusing for the casual visitor.

5 comments:

Rick said...

Call me a stick-in-the-mud but I prefer it as was!

Halfie said...

Me too. I got a message which implied that I was trying to look at your blog on a mobile device, which I'm not. To get here I had to click on "non-dynamic".

This is the message I got:

Dynamic Views in Blogger require the use of a modern browser, and are not currently supported on mobile devices.

You can visit a non-dynamic version of this blog, continue unsupported, or upgrade your browser by clicking on one of the links below.

I didn't dare click on anything else!

Adam said...

I tried it on my blog a few weeks ago, and then found that you can't just revert to the old style. You more or less have to start again from scratch (unless you've had the foresight to download the former settings). I actually quite like some of the dynamic views, but won't be using them as they don't (currently) allow things like a blog roll and label list, both of which are important to me.

bohica said...

Bohica...

Like it.........

Rick said...

What about your waterways rankings and your cast list, let alone links to other blogs!

Also it is more difficult to post a blog