Sunday, September 28, 2014

Someone else wrote my book?

Shameless Plug alert: free offer

It's not easy being wealthy. I'm wondering what to do with the 34p royalties I got from my book sales last month. Aah well it's not about money is it? I just love it when people enjoy reading my book.

"Jobs for the Boys" took off like a rocket when I first published it on Kindle. Altogether I think about 250 copies were downloaded in a week and the good reviews it got cheered me up a lot more than any royalties could. Some people actually seemed to care about the characters and wanted to know what happened to them after the story finished. Then over recent months I forgot all about it, apart from a stuttering attempt to begin a sequel to find out what happens next to Eric and Elaine and Doreen and the Mangler. I think that might be a project for the long winter nights.

Yesterday I was messing about on my iPad and accidentally tapped on an icon taking me to the middle of Jobs for the Boys. So I started reading. Very strange. At this distance it now reads like a book someone else wrote and I can turn over the page without knowing exactly what comes next. I'm somewhat startled to say it's still OK. I still like it. "More people should read this. They would like it too." I thought immodestly.

Having been cruelly ignored by the Man Booker prize committee, and inexplicably not picked up by Richard and Judy and the Times Literary Supplement, my undoubted masterpiece has been starved of the oxygen of publicity of late, so I have decided to forgo my huge royalty income for the maximum 5 days that Amazon allows and offer Jobs for the Boys absolutely free, gratis, and for nothing from Monday to Friday this week, complete with a money back guarantee if you are not thrilled.

So if you haven't already done it, and you have a Kindle or an iPad /Android Kindle app or a laptop or whatever but you didn't want to risk 99p on a copy, Now's your chance. I think you can read the first few pages free without even downloading it. You never know, you might even like it. Other people seem to.

On Amazon or Kindle search for "Jobs for the Boys" by Herbie Neil.

If you already read it and liked it. Tell a friend. It's free all week.

End of shameless plug.

2 comments:

nb Achernar said...

Until reading this post I had forgotten that I had downloaded and read the book during the summer whilst on holiday. I just thought I would say I enjoyed reading it and would be interested in a sequel

Vallypee said...

Oops, I missed this! Sorry, Neil. I hope you received a well earned boost to your numbers. The thing with this writing lark is that you have to be everything else as well: copy writer, marketer, business manager…the lot. It's tough when all you want to do is write, isn't it?